Full-time (37 hours per week) Senior Finance Manager contract to start on 26-07-21 until 31-10-21 with a possible extension.
What is the Job?
- Senior Finance Managers are responsible for the outcome of relationships with a wide range of internal and external contacts, including other service providers, Government Departments, other authorities, advisers and consultants, to ensure the effective delivery/provision of the service as outlined in the context statement. They take decisions on a range of complex and contentious matters, leading to the setting of work standards for others and to changes in procedures or practices as specified in the context statement.
- Deputise for the Group Finance Manager in all instances where the GFM is unavailable to discharge those responsibilities from report writing to presentation to attendance at committee meetings.
- Research, utilise and monitor specific developments, interpreting the implications and making recommendations/decisions that are imaginative and innovative that will have a fundamental effect on the future management and operation of the function and on the service, it provides.
- Supervise all accounting arrangements in respect of the specialist function outlined in the context statement so as to ensure compliance with relevant standards, guidance and legislative requirements, including production of final accounts, budget estimates and development/maintenance of budgetary control systems as necessary.
- Ensure that consistent, accurate and timely financial information and guidance is provided to managers and other parties as outlined in the job purpose and specified in the context statement.
What are the requirements?
- Full membership of a CCAB body.
- Commitment to and evidence of CPD Experience.
- Experience of strategic application of CPD in a dynamic environment.
- Experience of staff leadership, professional development and achievement of overall financial objectives.
- Experience of working with managers to ensure they understand and develop financial management skills and that they manage their budgets effectively.
- Experience of strategic financial planning with key customers and/or other strategic groups.
- Experience of using complex data sets involving financial and non-financial information to help set corporate priorities and longer term strategic financial objectives Skills, abilities & knowledge.
- Detailed knowledge of computerised business applications especially accounting systems and spreadsheets and how they support the financial management requirements of the specific service area(s), key customers and/or other strategic groups.
- Excellent numeracy and literacy skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent influencing and negotiating skills.
Disclaimer: On applying for this vacancy, you agree that your personal details will be passed onto our client for their consideration of your suitability for the role. I acknowledge that it is my responsibility to notify Teqniq Limited of any hirer who I do not want my details to be passed onto.
Temporary, Full Time
- Industry Sector Finance