The role involves supporting the efficient running of a busy purchasing team with opportunities to be responsible for their own spend areas. The role requires a driven, energetic, and charismatic individual who has a background in FMCG who has a desire to learn and drive the department forward.
- Purchasing of low spend areas.
- Raise and control purchase orders for indirect areas.
- Interact with other stakeholder departments including Marketing and Technical.
- Coordinate packaging and raw material trials.
- Manage processes of non-conformity.
- Responsible for KPIs including Purchasing department reports.
- The generation and maintenance of department and category specific reports.
- Researching and collating market information for data capture.
- Maintain data on the MRP system and perform statistical analysis for Purchasing department.
- Support the team on projects and tender processes.
- Provide outstanding customer service to suppliers and resolve enquires in an efficient and friendly manner.
- Experience in food/FMCG.
- Qualified to A-level standard or be able to demonstrate relevant experience within supply chain.
- Good communication skills.
- Charismatic and highly driven.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills including Excel.
- Highly organised individual who has excellent time management
- Experience in meat or dry ingredients.
- Experience within purchasing.
- Qualified in or studying CIPS.
- Experience of using MRP systems – specifically IFS.
To apply for this role, please contact Lucy Waters at Silven on either 0161 832 7463 or [email protected]
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Manufacturing