Senior Project Manager - 6 month contract - Preston - £68.02ph UMB or £52.93ph PAYE (Inside IR35)
The Umbrella rate quoted above is the Gross Umbrella rate (i.e. the rate we pay to the Umbrella Company inclusive of ALL employment costs). Please note, the rate paid by the Umbrella will be less, as will a Limited Deemed rate or Agency PAYE rate. Please get in touch to discuss the rates via these different payment vehicles.
This role requires you to obtain a Criminal Record Check along with reference checks before starting.
The objective of the role is to provide the necessary project management, assurance and hands on project delivery across given inflight change initiatives to ensure that there is an accurate project(s) delivery Roadmap and also an integrated reporting picture across Business unit's approaches & plans to mitigate obsolescence risks.
Accountable for the day to day leadership and running of Projects and Programmes within EITS and associated Obsolescence project work stack along with the reporting and assurance into the wider Programme and across Business unit stakeholders.
Providing project leadership support to the Programme manager and the Head of Enterprise Change and Transformation in the execution of their roles;
- Delivery management: A strong technical, business and digital delivery management background with demonstrated ability at transformation level scale to plan and implement project change in a fast-moving multi business and supplier environment.
- A senior multi industry accomplished individual whom is well experienced in delivering change through others, must have held Senior Project and preferably Programme roles previously: demonstrating ability to communicate, influence and gain agreement for ideas and proposals from a variety of stakeholders, including senior management and directors.
- Delivering results, developing self and others, as well as working effectively with others.
The role holder will provide additional leadership and ownership of the initiation and definition phases of the BAE lifecycle for the Projects and Programmes holding agreed authority from the process owner, ensuring all requirements of the process are captured and met to the satisfaction of all stakeholders. It is essential the individual is high calibre and proven at dealing with ambiguity, translating strategy into change and comfortable at operating at a fast cadence and naturally with conflicting work demands. The individual will need to engage and regular face off to C-Suite level stakeholders.
- Typically leads and manages the delivery of large and complex projects with high business impact.
- Provides strong and effective leadership to the delivery team and suppliers; can take appropriate action to address issues.
- Works with multiple suppliers to define and manage project plans which will achieve the project goals and consequent business outcomes.
- Ensures project delivery adheres to LCM (Life Cycle Management) governance and assurance criteria.
- Manages project costs and resources against agreed budgets, taking appropriate action for any overspends and providing accurate forecasts to project completion.
- Identifies and proactively manages project level risks, issues, opportunities, dependencies and constraints.
- Collaborates with PMO on knowledge transfer, lessons learned and simplification of project management processes, as appropriate, and as part of ongoing continuous improvement.
- Participate in activities and function wide initiatives as a member of the EITS PPM Delivery Management function.
The role holder will require:
- Will be required to lead and motivate teams.
- Highly developed interpersonal, communication and presentation skills in order to persuade and influence senior stakeholders.
- Need to be able to translate complex information for different audiences
- Confidence to challenge the status quo through bold behaviours and provision of past experiences and reference models.
The ideal candidate:
- Experienced professional with extensive knowledge of Project Management (tools, techniques, practices) within the IT Services domain
- Strong knowledge of Project Finance Funding & Business Case Management
- Proven experience of leading significant IT projects and programmes, incorporating successful business change delivery, to meet strategic business objectives
- Strong experience of managing complex supply chains to achieve successful project outcomes
- Proficient understanding of project lifecycle management.
- Proven experience of both waterfall and agile project delivery methodologies in complex situations.
- Experience of working within an environment with mature and established governance practices and processes.
Educated to degree level preferably in related discipline:
- Good competence with computer-based Project Management tools including MS Project, MS Office etc.
- Preference for ITIL
- MSP (Programme Management qualifications)
- Change Management , Six Sigma
- Agile Project Management
Must have held Senior Project and preferably Programme roles previously.
Contract, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other