A reputable Residential School for boys with Autism in the Thirsk area are seeking an experienced and dedicated member of staff to work on a Working Nights contract, as part of their existing team. The role would involve working closely with leadership and colleagues to provide a holistic approach, supporting young people throughout the night, ensuring their safety and the security of the building.
The role involves:
- Being alert and vigilant to any noise and or disturbance, investigating any concerns and sharing with relevant staff members.
- Walking around the school site at irregular intervals ensuring students are in bed and that there are no intruders. The walk around should be made at least once an hour. During the walk around particular vigilance should be maintained on students identified as higher risks, and fire monitoring.
- Being on hand to support students who are not well or who are struggling to sleep. In some cases, there might be incidents of bed wetting, which must be changed.
- Administering medicines as required in line with the school medication policy and online training.
- Completing the waking night checklist during the night, if required provide a written statement regarding any incidents or concerns from the night.
The normal working hours are 21:30 to 07:30 Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, worked over the 38 academic weeks - school holidays will not be worked.
For the right person this role is available for an immediate start, on a temporary to permanent basis.
Please get in touch with Sam at Hello Education Middlesbrough on 01642 039888 for more information or to express interest.
*You must have a DBS on the Update Service or be happy to apply for one.*
Temporary, Full Time
- Industry Sector Education