Competitive Day Rate
HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC)
We are currently undertaking a programme of critical transformational activities to improve transactional and master data quality in HMRC and support the mapping and modelling of our end-to-end business processes. This will provide the foundation for future data transformation.
Key deliverables will include:
- Building a repository of centralised Business Process Maps. This includes identifying and evaluating risk, improving the adequacy and effectiveness of processes and quality controls to mitigate risk.
- The design and implementation of Data Governance and Data Management processes in HMRC, driving ‘value’ from HMRC systems, by ensuring processes, risk and controls are properly understood and optimised, systems integrated where needed and to enable high-quality management information to be produced to provide the ‘outputs’ required by Process Owners.
- The role will be working within HMRC’s Transformation Programme and is responsible for working with; Business stakeholders and other experts to model E2E business processes in a BPMN2.0 format.
- For key processes the role holder will lead conversations with the business to drive forward the creation of a repository of centralised Business Process Models. To support subsequent Process Mapping work; identify and evaluate risk, adequacy and effectiveness of process controls.
The role is focused on driving ‘value’ from HMRC systems, by ensuring processes can be efficiently captured by our systems, business processes are streamlined, standardised, systems integrate where needed and high-quality management information can be produced to provide the ‘outputs’ required by Process Owners.
The role holder will have experience of creating business process models using BPMN2.0 in support of a programme of change.
The role will additionally require upskilling colleagues and knowledge shares to increase BPMN2.0 capability across HMRC. You will support the building and leading of a collaborative network alongside staff responsible for delivering HMRC’s Process Ownership objectives, business process SME’s and data experts. You'll ensure processes are modelled from end to end and accurately reflect HMRC processes.
What we are looking for
You will need to have:
- Extensive experience as a Business Process Modeller using BPMN2.0 in a large-scale organisation(s).
- Excellent collaboration skills with an ability to communicate very effectively with senior level and working level stakeholders to understand processes and their components.
- Investigating and analysing business processes and business needs.
- Identifying and evaluating options for improving business processes and systems
- Experience in working within teams of a diverse culture and teams in different geographical locations.
A critical element of this programme is to transfer specialist technical skills and expertise to HMRC staff to enable them to meet their role requirement. Where HMRC staff do not have all the required level of specialist technical expertise and practical skill-set, we require industry experts to come into HMRC to work side by side with HMRC staff on particular applications and transfer their specialist technical skills, for instance we need:
- Industry recognised qualifications (e.g. BPMM 2.0 Certified Practitioner, TOGAF, or equivalent).
- Demonstrable experience of implementing a data governance framework and advanced process modelling capability to include: Data lineage & traceability, metadata management, data quality analysis and reporting (audited controls and data quality scorecards), data privacy, master data management.
- Demonstrable consultancy experience in influencing the way things are done, utilising change management concepts and strategies, including communication, culture change and performance measurement system design.
The role holder will have experience of delivering solutions within a Process Management environment and may have previously performed an audit related role. They will need experience of leading interviews with Process Owners to understand processes, assessment of risks and issues and effectively communicating these to various audiences.
Contract, Full Time
Additional Salary Info
Competitive Day Rate
- Industry Sector Public Sector & Services