Engineering Draughtsperson (Permanent)
My client, an international leader in specialist safety equipment and fixed gas systems are looking to recruit an Engineering Draughtsman to prepare engineering drawings for manufacturing and documentation to the customer to help delivery key projects to international customers.
Salary of an Engineering Draughtsperson
Between £30,000 - £40,000
Job Description of an Engineering Draughtsperson
- Work with project engineers on system design and create mechanical fabrication, small bore pipework / pneumatics and electrical engineering drawings.
- Prepare and submit project documentation in accordance with client requests.
- To liaise with engineering and production to ensure suitable drawings are supplied and any changes discussed and recorded.
- Attend Project Kick off meetings if requested by Project Management to manage customer expectations.
- Attend internal project reviews ensuring full technical compliance for engineering.
- Supply final drawings, system manuals and technical documentation to client and engineers.
- Create accurate bills of materials and costing sheets ensuring budget is managed for sales and projects.
Skills & experience of an Engineering Draughtsperson
- Apprenticeship, HNC/HND or Degree in Instrumentation, Electrical or Engineering discipline.
- Minimum of 2+ years’ experience in fixed gas detection systems or significant experience in related industries.
- Experience of using AutoCAD (Mechanical and Electrical versions) and Creo 3D.
- Instrumentation & Control Engineering knowledge is desirable.
- Pneumatic value control and small-bore pipework is desirable.
- Mechanical fabrication experience is desirable.
Why Should You Apply?
- Work for an established manufacturing/engineering company.
- Great personal benefits and development.
- Opportunity to help to create products that save lives.
Theo James Recruitment specialise in Manufacturing & Engineering recruitment across the following disciplines.
- Supply Chain/Logistics, Management
- Quality - Engineering, Management
- Design - Engineer, Management
- Maintenance – Technician, Engineer, Management
- Production / Process Engineering
- Health, Safety & Environmental
- Project Engineering, Management
- Leadership and Management
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Manufacturing
HND/HNC or equivalent