Our client is a global facilities management and building services organisation, who has an ever expanding, very successful fabric/ building services division.
Due to continued success within a blue-chip contract, they are now recruiting for a Building Fabric Engineer covering sites in the Reading area.
The Building Fabric Engineer’s role is a multi-site position offering building fabric maintenance services across a range of disciplines aimed at keeping services and costs in-house. There work includes a mix of PPM and reactive building fabric works internally and externally to include:
- Roof - repair roof leaks, gutter and gully repairs and replacement
- Brickwork – repairs to walls
- Floor – repair and replacement of vinyl and ceramic tiles
- Car Park / yard works
Install and repair internal cladding, wall tiling, doors, protection works, office workstations, signage, carpentry, plastering and general shop fittings.
Painting and decorating
- Carry out minor painting repairs.
Plumbing and drainage
- Replace toilets, sinks, drainage lines and sanitary units and panels.
- Repair leaking taps and washers.
- Wall, floor, and associated fittings repairs.
- Ironmongery and hardware repairs and replacement.
- Roller shutters – annual PPM and reactive repairs
- Trolley bay – bi-annual PPM
You must have experience of working within a similar position in a retail or commercial environment and hold the following qualifications:
- Level 2 NVQ General Building Operations or similar is essential.
- A valid CSCS is essential.
- Level 2 Diploma in Construction Skills Bench Joinery, or a Level 2
- extended Diploma in Site Carpentry is desirable.
- Level 2 NVQ in Painting and Decorating is desirable.
- In return, our client is offering a total package of 32,000 per annum + company van + health care + pension scheme + 33 days annual leave (including 8 bank holidays)
For more information, please contact Nikki on 07951 950291 or apply with your current CV to prompt a call back.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Engineering, Utilities