Job Title: Mechanical Design Engineer
Our client are a leading world supplier of bespoke gas & hydro turbine systems. Due to continued growth in the business they are looking to recruit a new Mechanical Design Engineer into the team.
Salary of a Mechanical Design Engineer
Circa £35,000 - £40,000
Job Description of a Mechanical Design Engineer
- Create designs in line with company procedure, regulations and standards.
- Produce mechanical design & associated documentation for company projects such as P&ID, GA drawings, production drawings, BOM, technical specifications, material selection charts, etc.
- Prepare calculations on proposed projects before completing technical drawings.
- Advise on materials, components, pipework and design structure.
- Identify new systems and processes to drive quality, efficiency and save costs.
- Prepare provisional designs of mechanical parts of a project for the sales department.
- Provide support during building and installation process, ensure the company product is built in accordance with design specification.
- Be able to travel abroad and participate in installation process on sites.
Skills & experience of a Mechanical Design Engineer
- Degree or HNC qualified in a relevant mechanical or mechatronic engineering discipline.
- Material and component selection based on cost effect and quality.
- CAD systems experience including 3D modelling.
- Designing products and systems for Gas/Steam Turbines industry.
- ATEX systems design experience.
- Experience in large projects.
- Strong mechanical design calculations skills such as structural, strength and thermal analysis.
Why Should You Apply?
- Opportunity to work in a growing business with the opportunity for flexible working.
Theo James Recruitment specialise in Manufacturing & Engineering recruitment across the following disciplines.
- Supply Chain/Logistics
- Quality - Engineering, Management
- Design - Engineer, Management
- Maintenance – Technician, Engineer, Management
- Production / Process Engineering
- Health, Safety & Environmental
- Project Engineering, Management
- Leadership and Management
- HR & Finance
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Manufacturing
HND/HNC or equivalent