Revenue & Customs Digital Technology Services (RCDTS) are working alongside HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) and implementing bold plans to transform our IT and digital services. We are already one of the most digital organisations in the UK, and our aim is even more ambitious: in 2022 we will be one of the most digitally advanced tax authorities in the world.
We are using digital services and smart data to help people deal with us effectively and efficiently, but also allows us to better identify the minority who seek to avoid or evade their taxes. Our IT infrastructure is one of the largest and most dynamic in Europe and we are now one of the most digitally-advanced tax authorities in the world.
Role & Responsibilities
Working as part of the Change Management team, you will lead a team of Change Managers with responsibility for supporting their supervision, coaching, motivation, and development.
The Change Management function is responsible for ensuring that standardised methods and procedures are used for efficient handling of all changes. This minimises the impact of change-related incidents by managing risks.
You will be a key player contributing to the development of a positive team culture, delivering an excellent standard of service, developing effective relationships with partners and providing advice and guidance on processes and improvements.
You will assure and govern against risk to Live Services from changes, ensuring they are accurately assessed, categorised and recorded as they navigate their way through the process.
You will take hands on responsibility for delivering effective Change Management processes across all areas of HMRC’s Delivery Groups and will work very closely with the business and Suppliers.
Duties will include:
- Management responsibility for all Change Managers working in Change Management team.
- Quality, change and risk management. Review of processes, procedures, work instructions & associated documentation ensuring changes in work practices are reflected
- Engage in Continual Improvement Process
- Arrange & Chair Change Advisory Boards (CAB)
- Review & triage Change Requests prior to final approval and ensure Change Requests are updated as they pass through the system.
- Coach, support and offer guidance to colleagues, new users and change owners on the Change Process.
- Lead on producing the Change Management hub report working closely with Change Management Lead
- Lead as Change Management representative in Key Business Events (KBE)
- Participation with Audits, helping with preparation and prepared to be interviewed on role of a Change Manager.
- Strong people skills with the ability to lead and empower others.
- Previous people management experience of managing a small team at an operational level.
- A good overall working knowledge of Change Management processes to allow operational management of Change Managers as well as managing their own delivery areas.
- Good communication skills are critical – the job requires talking to people at all levels of the organisation
- Organisation skills are required for arranging and chairing CAB’s where the highest profile Change Requests are discussed and agreed.
- ITIL V4 Foundation Level or minimum of V3 Foundation level
- Previous working Knowledge of Change Management Tools
- Working in or knowledge of an Agile or Dev OP’s environment
- MS Office application skills, especially Excel, also word & PowerPoint.
CVs should clearly demonstrate how the candidate meets the essential criteria and qualifications stated above.
Applicants will be sifted based upon contents of the CV providing evidence of the essential criteria.
If you are successful at the sift stage you will be invited to interview to demonstrate your suitability. Interviews may be held via Teams due to current COVID19 situation.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We want to make sure no one is put at a disadvantage during our recruitment process because of a disability, condition, or impairment. To assist you with this, we will reduce or remove any barriers where possible and provide additional support where appropriate. Please see our Disability Matters: How we can support you during our selection process booklet for more details.
All applicants will need to provide proof that they have the right to work in the UK. Information on Right to Work legislation can be found at Right to Work in UK
We are committed to offering flexible working within our organisation. We will consider all requests to work part-time, flexibly or on a job-share basis. Please speak to the recruitment team or the hiring manager if you would like to discuss flexible working arrangements.
RCDTS is an office-based organisation committed to achieving the optimum work/life balance arrangements for staff. Where business requirements permit, we are fully supportive of a blend of home and office working.
A copy of the RCDTS Book of Benefits is attached to this job advert
If you are applying for a role in an office within a regional center location or a transitional or specialist site, then the following may apply: Daily Travel Assistance will be available for this role, provided the successful applicant is a current RCDTS employee and meets the eligibility requirements outlined in the department’s Daily Travel Assistance guidance.
A reserve list may be created if suitable candidates are identified and will last for a period of 12 months.
HMRC’s Technology Sourcing Programme
HMRC faces a number of contract expiries combined with the need to re-balance control over its digital and technology capability to ensure HMRC can respond quickly and effectively to changing requirements and priorities.
This is a multi-year programme to transform how HMRC delivers and uses IT. The programme is in place to design and deliver the safe disaggregation, exit and transition of HMRC’s major IT contracts and stand-up new arrangements to deliver both IT run and change activity.
The programme will develop and implement a new technology supply chain model, protect live services, enable the department to remediate and prevent technical debt, reduce risk in our IT estate, improve cost effectiveness, provide flexibility and establish partnerships with suppliers to deliver innovation.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Public Sector & Services