Senior Process Engineer
We are working with a leading manufacturer of specialist printing & packaging products in their search for a Senior Process Engineer.
The successful candidate will lead development of processing standards & methods for all products, as well as manage projects to improve safety, quality, yields, and increase capacity.
Salary of a Senior Process Engineer
Up to £55,000
Job Description of a Senior Process Engineer
- Develop extrusion processing standards & methods and oversee training to ensure best practices are followed.
- Analyse, and interpret process historical data to correctly focus improvement activities.
- Conduct statistical analysis and DOE’s to determine critical processing parameters.
- Lead or participate in multifunctional teams including EH&S, manufacturing, quality control, maintenance, and R&D to drive improvements.
- Develop justification for Capex projects and manage programs to improve safety, quality, increase capacity, reduce waste, and improve profitability.
- Interact with suppliers to develop concepts and establish equipment specifications in order to design, purchase, install, and qualify new equipment within established timelines.
- Responsible for creating, updating and maintaining process documentation for the plant’s ISO system.
Skills & experience of a Senior Process Engineer
- 5-10 years previous Process Engineering experience ideally in polymer extrusion.
- Experience in handling and blending liquid and dry chemicals.
- BSc. in Polymer Engineering, Chemical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering.
- Knowledge of statistical process control, root cause analysis and ISO 14000 and ISO 9000 systems experience.
- Six Sigma Green Belt, Six Sigma Black Belt, or Quality Engineer experience preferred.
Why Should You Apply?
- Work in a strong technical team in a senior role with autonomy for a secure business.
Theo James Recruitment specialise in Manufacturing & Engineering recruitment across the following disciplines.
- Supply Chain/Logistics, Management
- Quality - Engineering, Management
- Design - Engineer, Management
- Maintenance – Technician, Engineer, Management
- Production / Process Engineering
- Health, Safety & Environmental
- Project Engineering, Management
- Leadership and Management
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Manufacturing