Graduate Drafting Technician
Salary - £24,000 - £27,000 depending on experience
Hours - Monday - Thursday 08:00 – 17:00 Friday – 08:00 – 14:00
My client is looking to recruit a Graduate Design Drafting Technician to join their successful and growing team within the engineering department.
This opportunity would be ideal for a recent graduate, but a degree is not necessary, just a positive attitude and a good work ethic with experience working within AutoCAD. This opportunity will give the Graduate drafting technician to later develop their career into a Design engineer. The company has multiple long-standing clients and a healthy order book.
The appointed Graduate Drafting Technician will carry out the below duties
To provide support to the Engineering department by preparing and modifying drawings and process sheets utilizing AutoCad primarily in 2D but with potential to develop into a 3D design role further down the line.
- Review drawings for dimensional accuracy, completeness, and content to conform to company standards.
- Prepare dimensional drawings and work instructions for manufacturing by interacting with design engineers for information.
- Assist design engineers with label generation.
- Release approved drawings according to company document release procedures.
- Prepare dimensional drawings and work instructions for manufacturing by interacting with design engineers for information and correctness
- Revise and update existing drawing and process sheets as required for Engineering Change Requests
- Contribute to continuous improvement initiatives within department
The select Graduate Drafting Technician will need to meet the following key criteria for the role.
- AutoCad 2D experience.
- Manufacturing experience preferred but not essential.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Manufacturing
HND/HNC or equivalent