Bioinformatician in Molecular Diagnostics
This is an exciting opportunity to join a medical technology company that develops innovative devices and IVD tests to aid in the detection and diagnosis of gastrointestinal diseases. Our current specific focus is on the diagnosis of colorectal cancer (CRC).
We are looking to add a Bioinformatician to a high-performing group focusing on bioinformatics, data science, statistics and epidemiology to support research and development portfolio.
Working with a highly skilled interdisciplinary team at the interface of molecular biology, bioinformatics & software you will create and establish robust data processing pipelines and other tools and methods to enable the analysis of DNA sequence and methylation data for R&D projects, clinical studies and, ultimately, clinical-grade assays.
Duties may include:
- Previous demonstrable experience of analysing next-generation sequencing data and methylome data.
- Experience in scientific programming, in particular python and/or R.
- Demonstrable ability in method development in the high throughput sequencing analysis space.
- Demonstrable experience in conducting high-quality independent research with proven ability to write-up scientific findings in peer-reviewed journals.
- Strong team-working skills with previous experience of completing collaborative projects on time and within budget.
- Previous post-doctoral or industry experience in applied DNA sequence analysis or directly comparable field including analysis of DNA methylation by sequencing.
- Previous experience developing diagnostics products in the genomics industry.
- Experience of DNA sequence analysis specifically in cancer.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral) with the ability to communicate complex ideas and information to a range of stakeholders.
- Demonstrable high levels of self-motivation, ambition, transparency and integrity.
- Enjoy working towards challenging goals in a fast-moving environment where on-time delivery of results is a high priority.
- PhD in Bioinformatics/ Genetics/ Mathematics/ Statistics/Engineering/ computer Science or a relevant discipline. (Essential)
Experience / Knowledge:
- Sound knowledge of statistical methods and models. (Essential)
- Experience in methylome analysis and bioinformatic pipelines related to the analysis. (Essential)
- Experience with biological databases, Inline databases. (Essential)
- Experience with next-generation sequencing datasets. (Essential)
- Track record in bioinformatics and the ability to write papers and scientific reports. (Essential)
- Hands-on experience with genome alignment, mapping, variant calling, and annotation tools. (Essential)
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Science