Senior Systems Engineer - 12 month contract - Warton - £46.68ph UMB or £35.00ph PAYE (Inside IR35)
Our client is looking for a Senior Systems Engineer to join their team within the General Systems Clearance team. You will have a focus on completing safety analysis for the systems under General Systems design authority, and be part of the team who are responsible for the engineering specification, development, clearance and support of mechanical, fluid and electrical Flight Systems (including Fuel, Crew Escape, Life Support, Aircrew Equipment, Electrical Power Generation, Flight In Icing and Windscreen Anti-Mist).
The role is a good opportunity to develop and consolidate core systems engineering principles, with engagement of interfacing disciplines.
The jobholder will:
- Provide specialist knowledge and engineering clearance (certification) of the Typhoon General Systems (and other aircraft types, i.e. Tornado, Harrier, Hawk).
- Integration activities will also be undertaken.
What we are looking for in you:
- The successful candidate will hold a degree in a STEM subject or equivalent relevant experience
- Will ideally have experience completing system safety analysis and certification on the Typhoon platform.
- Experience in the roles of design, developing and qualifying engineering products would be an advantage.
Applicants should be proficient in verbal and written communications. They need to be effective team workers supporting, co-operating and working with others to achieve common objectives. Enthusiasm, creativity and a proactive approach to problem solving, including the ability to effectively research system design data, would be expected.
- Security requirements: SC + ITAR
This role will require the person to hold full Security Clearance (SC) prior to working onsite. You will need to obtain a Criminal Record Check and you must currently hold or be eligible and willing to obtain SC. In addition, this role involves direct access to ITAR Material, therefore we can only consider UK Nationals for this position. If you are unsure as to whether you are eligible, please contact me to discuss.
The Umbrella rate quoted above is the Gross Umbrella rate (i.e. the rate we pay to the Umbrella Company inclusive of ALL employment costs). Please note, the rate paid by the Umbrella will be less, as will a Limited Deemed rate or Agency PAYE rate. Please get in touch to discuss the rates via these different payment vehicles.
Contract, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other