Quality Assurance Engineers are at the heart of ensuring the creation and safe operation of successful new platforms and systems.
In return, we offer solid progressive training and development to enhance your skill sets and aid career progression. You will have unrivalled opportunities to be involved in some of the most interesting and complex engineering projects being undertaken in the UK today.
Due to the security restrictions on some of these projects, this post is open to sole UK nationals only.
Please note some attendance to the stated site may be required for this position.
As a Senior Quality Assurance Engineer, you will be part of a small team of MOD Licenced and Chartered Quality Professionals, whose purpose is to provide engineering and quality assurance advice and guidance to support the acquisition and engineering divisions.
You will join a dynamic and enthusiastic team offering ample opportunity for you to demonstrate your problem-solving and critical thinking skills. You will lean on your excellent verbal and written communication skills and technical engineering expertise to liaise with and influence stakeholders. This is an extremely varied yet rewarding role.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of the design, integration, introduction into service and through-life support of the UK MOD cutting edge aviation technology. Key responsibilities may include, but not be limited to:
* Ensuring that engineering controls and governance are defined, implemented and managed effectively and efficiently
* Overseeing and coordinating multiple projects and lifecycle stages ensuring that the technical work packages under your responsibility meet both our engineering and project requirements
* Interacting with various stakeholders both internal and external to the business
* Providing customers with assurance that suppliers satisfy contractual quality requirements
You will need an understanding of a vast array of legislation, regulation and the purpose of assurance and its various levels in an Aviation or Aerospace environment.
What you will be assessed against
To be successful with your application you must demonstrate that you meet the following essential criteria:
* You will have experience in delivering quality assurance systems and completing audits in an aviation or aerospace environment
* You will have experience in dealing with internal and external stakeholders
* You will hold a relevant HNC (i.e., Level 4 or higher) qualification in a relevant discipline or have demonstrable experience of working within the quality assurance environment
It will also benefit your application if you are able to demonstrate the following desirable criteria:
* Quality assurance/management experience
In addition to the responsibilities above, the following technical competencies and behaviours will be assessed at interview:
* Acquisition Assurance
* Acquisition Governance
* Communicating and influencing
* Managing a quality service
What's in it for you?
Please note, our salary bands are under review and may increase. If the outcome of the review results in an increase in the minimum salary and your salary offer falls below the new minimum, your salary will be increased to the new amount from your contracted start date. If the new minimum is less than the salary you are offered, the original salary offer will be retained.
We're exploring future ways of working with a flexible and a family-friendly approach in mind. This means that successful candidates may be offered the option of hybrid working, combining working at home with working at their contractual location. Further information relevant to hybrid working will be discussed with you prior to you taking up your post, to find a balance that suits your needs and those of the organisation. Please note that employees are responsible for meeting the cost of their travel to and from work when attending site.
We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and are dedicated to creating a great place to work that reflects the diversity of the society we serve. To help us do this, we particularly encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, disabled people and people from LGBT communities. By bringing together different ideas, experiences and perspectives, we can achieve our ambitions, together.
Selection process details
Simply click on the apply button to create an account and upload your CV. Your application will go through several stages of assessment which are outlined below:
1. Pre-sift - We will check that you meet any essential or eligibility criteria that are listed in the responsibilities section of this advert.
2. Sift - Your CV will be assessed against the following categories, using a simple numerical scoring system:
* Key Achievements * Relevant Experience * Applied Knowledge and Skills
3. Interview - If you are invited to interview, you will be assessed against the Sift categories listed above, as well as the technical competencies and behaviours listed in the responsibilities section of this advert.
Feedback will only be provided if you attend an interview or assessment.
Open to UK nationals only.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other