DevOps Engineer's required for our Central Government client on an initial 12-month contract in London OR Manchester (hybrid working)
We are looking for outstanding DevOps Engineer's, who can make a positive impact, and want to contribute to one of the most demanding and important Government services for the UK. Successful candidates must be ready to quickly get to work within an agile multi-disciplinary team of developers, designers, analysts and architects. We are looking for individuals who enjoy a challenge. You will be working with hundreds of microservices across hundreds of instances alongside tens of delivery teams.
For each item we would like experience with one or more of the named topics or technologies:
- Linux Operating Systems: RHEL/CentOS 7/8, Use, operate, configure, patch and secure
- Security: TLS& PKI, Cloud Security, CIS Benchmarks, NCSC Cloud Security Principals
- Networking: TCP/IP, Routing, DNS, VPC Peering, VPC Endpoints
- Cloud Provisioning: Terraform, CloudFormation, Packer, Cloud-init
- Cloud Experience: Deploying, Supporting, AWS (compute, networking, storage), GCP (compute, networking, storage)
- Virtualisation: EC2, VMWare
- Monitoring and Metrics: Graphite, Prometheus, Zabbix, Alert Manager, Pagerduty, Cloudwatch, Splunk
- Development Languages: Python, Go, Bash, Ruby
- Testing: Unit Testing, Infrastructure Testing
- Containerisation: Docker, Podman
- Configuration Management: Ansible, Puppet
- Version Control: Git
- Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment: GitLab CI, Jenkins
- Container Orchestration: Kubernetes, Nomad, Docker Swarm, Docker Compose
- Clustering and load balancing: haproxy, traefik, nginx, service mesh (linkerd, istio, consul connect)
NB: The successful applicants must be eligible to go through SC level clearance. A basic level clearance will be required initially to join, and the SC will be completed in the background while your assignment is ongoing.
To apply, please submit your latest CV.
Contract, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other