Commercial Manager, South-East
Our clients are one of the fastest growing contractors in Europe and are looking to add an experienced Commercial manager to their expanding commercial team, taking ownership for the South-East and parts of the South regions.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced individual who has risen through the ranks of the industry. They will have proven skills in commercial awareness, client liaison, project management and team leadership. They will also have an extensive understanding of the construction industry, flexibility and a talent for negotiation. Typically they will have a track record of managing and developing a commercial team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for roughly £40million worth of current/ upcoming projects in the region with a strong pipeline going forward and having roughly 6-7direct reports.
It is preferable for candidates to have worked on design & build projects such as Warehouses, Megasheds, distribution centres, depots, large production facilities or similar. However we are open to seeing applications from candidates with extensive experience across commercial build projects.
Successful applicants will meet the following criteria:
- Previous experience working as a commercial manager for a main contractor, with earlier career experience within the commercial side of the construction industry.
- Capable of handling projects ranging £15-50million (sometimes exceeding this level) and varying complexities within commercial design and build.
- Co-ordinate the commercial team to ensure programme issues are identified and actioned.
- Manage the preparation of the monthly CVR and associated commercial reports.
- Be able to report and explain the commercial progress to senior divisional staff.
- Formulate management plans for resource procurement.
- Apply legislation and have the ability to liaise with legal experts.
- Prepare Estimates & Tender submissions including the interpretation of specifications & preambles.
- Undertake co-ordination of buying, accounts, production control/planning, supply chain management & procurement techniques, estimating & surveying functions,
- Manage and report on Commercial Risk and Opportunity.
- Have experience in the recruitment and retention of staff.
Expected package for this position is £85-95k and the candidate must be happy with regular travel as required across the South & South-East regions (outside of London).
Apply today for further information and a confidential discussion!
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Construction
Manager (Manager/Supervisor of Staff)