- by HMRC
- Location Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear, UK
£41,782 - £44,932 / year
49 days ago
CDIO’s Enterprise Platform Services are accountable for the end-to-end service of HMRC’s IT Systems & Services; our focus is on consistently ensuring excellent Customer Experience.
This includes managing annual events such as New Tax Credits and Self-Assessment peak, as well as exceptional high priority business critical events such as COVID-19 schemes, EU Exit, and the Technology Sourcing Programme.
In essence we provide additional IT support and assurance for KBE’s which are critical to HMRC and the UK
This is an exciting opportunity to be responsible for the effective delivery of the business-critical KBE function within CDIO. This includes the application of robust governance and assurance processes, to protect live services during critical HMRC Key Business Events.
- Lead KBEs of varying scope and scale, aligning and implementing appropriate Governance & Assurance requirements
- Deliver KBE objectives within agreed cost, quality and timescales and track and report on KBE progress against established milestones and deliverables
- Lead on the maintenance of risks and issues, ensuring they are effectively managed to resolution, minimising the impact on live service
- Prepare and maintain project documentation for reporting and evaluation purposes, including lessons learned activity, to ensure accessibility of quality information and contribute to the achievement of KBE outcomes
- Facilitate KBE Governance and Assurance forums, with an audience of senior managers and external stakeholders
- Collaborate with CDIO Delivery Groups, IT Suppliers and the wider HMRC to gain assurance the service(s) is/are protected and able to support the KBE
- Represent the team in various stakeholder groups, delivering ad-hoc KBE presentations when requested
- Team working with immediate peers and Bridge Operations
Foremost is the ability to proactively lead KBEs in collaboration with the stakeholders, taking responsibility for gathering and reviewing data to ensure KBEs have appropriate levels of governance and assurance for their scope and scale, meeting the expectations of senior leaders and sponsoring stakeholders.
You will be expected to communicate effectively and professionally, both verbally and in writing, across differing audiences. This includes drafting the Terms of Reference for each KBE, developing and executing communication plan and strategy.
Although you will be part of a team, you will lead a portfolio of work, with organisation, prioritisation and time management being critical to this role. You will be expected to work independently and at pace, with minimal supervision. The ability to thrive under pressure is crucial, with flexibility to adapt to the changing requirements of KBEs, demonstrating a willingness to go the extra mile to deliver.
You must be a resilient, driven, self-motivated individual, with a curiosity to learn and an ability to make sound decisions.
You must be confident leading challenging conversations, with strong negotiation and influencing skills to build trust and maintain co-operation from stakeholders, whilst ensuring progress and resolution of issues.
Recognised as an authority for all KBE governance and assurance related activity and able to provide knowledge and information on the types of KBE governance and assurance requirements cross departmentally.
Proactively manage lessons learned and continuous improvement activity.
This is not a technical role; however, you must be keen to learn relevant IT aspects.
Applicants are strongly encouraged to contact the vacancy holder to understand the role requirements.
Essential Knowledge, Criteria and Skills
- Experience of negotiating with and influencing senior stakeholders and external suppliers to deliver required results, in frequently challenging situations
- A flexible approach and ability to work at pace to achieve results with those in your team, wider HMRC and external stakeholders
- Comfortable with engaging with stakeholders at Director level
- Ability to reprioritise at short notice to meet conflicting demands / senior management requirements
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong, demonstratable verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively Manage time across multiple KBEs to support colleagues and ensure stakeholder requirements are met
- Strategic thinking and ability to gain a quick understanding of project scope / scale to understand wider impacts and challenge assumptions
If you do not already hold it, you will be required to obtain SC Clearance
Desirable Knowledge, Criteria and Skills
- Understanding of Project Management principles, including risk management and problem solving
- Experience working in an IT environment
- Experience of using the MS Office suite of applications.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector IT & Internet