Commercial Events Assistant
- by Frankly Recruitment
- Location Fairford, Gloucestershire, UK
£22,000 - £23,000 / year
36 days ago
What are we looking for?
We are looking for an Events Assistant who will play a key role within our Commercial Department providing administrative support and assisting with the delivery of RIAT 2023Your main responsibilities will include:
- Consumer commercial activity Includes trade & exhibitions, themed zones and activities, public catering, sponsorship, brand engagement, and bespoke events and activity
- Support with the promotion, selling, co-ordination and delivery of Showground commercial activity
- Support with sales of advertising for the souvenir programme
- Assisting in identifying and creating new revenue opportunities at RIAT by research, proactive communication and follow up
- Energetically support trade & exhibitions in strengthening existing and developing new business, with the focus on revenue and profit growth
- Ensuring that all sales activities are accurately recorded, invoiced and recorded using Excel based systems
- Co-ordination of RIAT Showground commercial administration including all insurance and health and safety documentation is received and approved
- Working closely and supporting the Commercial Sales Manager to ensure successful delivery of all business activities
- Support with the co-ordination of volunteers in advance and during the show
- Provide a seamless customer and client experience, ensuring a superior level of customer service
- Co-ordination of the registration pass system for consumer commercial client
Type of Contract/Working Hours
Fixed term contract until 18 July 2023
Full-time - minimum 36.25 hours, typically 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday, flexibility is essential with regard to working hours, and some weekend working will also be required from time to time to fulfil responsibilities. Applicants must be able to commit to working weekends 8th or 9th July and 15th and 16th July (RIAT Weekend) are essential.
What We Will Offer:
A salary up to £23,000 pro rata is accompanied by pension and we also hold staff wellbeing and social events throughout the year
You will also be given two complimentary tickets to The Royal International Air Tattoo and a staff discount of 50% for an additional six.
If you have strong organisational skills, able to multitask with good oral and written communication we would strongly encourage you to apply.
You must be computer literate with working knowledge of MS Office to include word and excel with the ability to demonstrate that you can manage high workloads and be a formidable team player. Knowledge of the events or hospitality sector would be desirable but not essential. A full UK driving licence is required.
Contract, Full Time
- Industry Sector Secretarial, PAs, Administration