Environmental Health Officer needed East London paying £21.06 per hr PAYE Ref: 415606
This is working full time hours on a temporary basis
- Act as Lead Officer on allocated projects and carry a case load ensuring all work is undertaken in accordance with statutory requirements, the policies and procedures, the highest professional practice and to the benefit of the residents of the Borough
- Provide specialist technical advice on all issues relating to the work of Environmental Protection - Housing and be responsible for ensuring that such advice is given in accordance with the best professional standards, where appropriate assuming and exercising delegated statutory authority
- By using appropriate interventions, using delegated powers and specialist skills (audit, inspection, enforcement powers, negotiation and persuasion) within all types of activity, within the Borough, with the aim to gain and ensure compliance with Environmental Health legislation so that the standards of public health are protected and enhanced for residents, businesses and visitors.
- To undertake more complex programmed and complaint inspections, surveys and investigations under relevant Environmental Health Legislation, including visiting sites alone taking necessary action, such visits will involve attending locations and encountering situations which may involve personal risk.
- Initiate and carry out enforcement and legal process functions in residential and commercial premises, including the prosecution, seizure or detention of` goods, issuing of notices, application for and execution of warrants necessitating the forced entry to premises.
- Provide specialist technical advice and guidance to all service users including residents, consumers, traders and businesses on all Environmental Health matters
All our roles may be subject to pre-employment checks including references so please be prepared
Temporary, Full Time
- Industry Sector Public Sector & Services