Revenue & Customs Digital Technology Services (RCDTS) are working alongside HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) and embarking on an ambitious and challenging digital transformation programme which will result in HMRC becoming one of the most digitally advanced tax authorities in the world.
RCDTS was set up in 2015 as a subsidiary of HMRC’s Chief Digital & Information Officer Group and has one of the largest customer bases in the world.
Our role sits within Chief Digital & Information Group (CDIO), we’re increasingly delivering in-house through our growing network of digital delivery centres – hi-tech, state-of-the-art facilities across the UK.
We’re removing our dependence on data centres, as we increasingly virtualise our estate. We’re fundamentally restructuring the way we look after our IT and the way we work with partners across our ecosystem. But it’s not just about the tech. We’re building a deep understanding of our customers, working in agile ways, and implementing a DevOps approach.
We focus on our people, with clearly defined career pathways that are rewarding, fulfilling and achievable. We have flexible ways of working to help everyone manage their own work/life balance. And we’re creating an authentically diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels able to bring their whole self to work.
The role sits within Service Management & Operations (SM&O) which forms part of CDIO’s EPS (Enterprise Platform Services) team. SM&O are accountable for the end to end service for HMRC’s IT Systems & Services and our focus is on ensuring consistent, excellent Customer Experience.
Service Management & Operations work closely with the other platform groups and their partners to bring those IT Systems and Services together.
The role is within our Platform Support team which delivers enterprise tooling and associated infrastructure on behalf of SM&O. Having played a key role in delivering ServiceNow within HMRC, the team will continue to support and develop the platform to meet new and existing requirements alongside the Snow software asset management tool, in-house developed solutions and SM&O’s future tooling requirements.
Role & Responsibilities
Reporting to the Platform Support Manager, the Platform Support Analyst is an operational role responsible for administering enterprise tooling within Service Management and Operations (SM&O). The Platform Support Analyst works closely with senior colleagues to develop solutions in the ServiceNow platform.
Duties will include:
- Administration of ServiceNow and developing enhancements in the platform.
- Supports the delivery of tooling and services to CDIO and HMRC colleagues.
- Produce reports and data extracts for the Platform Support team and wider SM&O.
- Progress incidents and problems assigned to the Platform Support team.
- Implements changes and service requests for the Platform Support team.
- Identify and build solutions to problems and new requirements, working with senior team members where appropriate, including (but not limited to) the Platform Business Analyst and Platform Architect.
- Provides excellent customer service with clear and timely communications.
- Log and manage IT incidents related to supported tools and services with vendors.
- Manages team mailboxes and ITSM queues to ensure queries, incidents and requests are managed in a timely manner.
- Contribute to Platform Support team communications.
- Build, test and maintain workflows, service level agreements and associated configuration.
- Work with the wider SM&O teams to build out new requirements from requests.
- Import data into Platform Support team supported tooling.
- Support internal and external stakeholders as appropriate.
- Contribute and input to team quality documents and policies.
- Communicate effectively within the Platform Support team and to the wider SM&O.
- The ability to work independently and as a team.
Solid knowledge and demonstrable experience of:
- ServiceNow Understanding.
- ITIL understanding.
- Technology in general including IT related problem solving.
- Understanding of high level ITSM, ITAM and ITOM processes.
- Understanding of CMDB.
- Good communication (verbal and written) and Organisation skills.
- ITIL Certification.
- ServiceNow administration.
- Upgrading or patching of software.
- Business objects reporting.
Applications should be made by submitting a CV to the BMO mailbox: SM&O BMO mailbox
CVs should clearly demonstrate how the candidate meets the essential criteria and qualifications stated above.
Applicants will be sifted based upon contents of the CV providing evidence of the essential criteria.
If you are successful at the sift stage, you will be invited to interview to demonstrate your suitability. Interviews will be held via Teams due to current COVID19 situation.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. As such we encourage anybody who needs a reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process to contact the recruiter or hiring manager dealing with your application who will discuss the reasonable adjustments required with you.
We are committed to offering flexible working within our organisation. We will consider all requests to work part-time, flexibly or on a job-share basis. Please speak to the recruitment team or the hiring manager if you would like to discuss flexible working arrangements.
If you are applying for a role in an office within a regional centre location or a transitional or specialist site, then the following may apply: Daily Travel Assistance will be available for this role, provided the successful applicant is a current RCDTS employee and meets the eligibility requirements outlined in the department’s Daily Travel Assistance guidance.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector IT & Internet