Profectus have an opportunity for 2 x BI / Data Warehouse Business Consultant (SQL Server) - NHS with its established client a consultancy based near Bracknell. They clients operate in the NHS, healthcare and emergency services sector.
In order to be considered at the upper range of the salary you must have previous experience within the NHS, ideally acute healthcare or social care as the position will involve meeting with and liaising with various NHS Trusts to deliver projects ranging from small scale data marts to large more complex solutions. We still welcome applications for those without NHS experience.
Key responsibilities for the position include:
- Work with health business transformation consultants to capture requirements from stakeholders and system sponsors
- Work with health business subject matter experts to understand and document the client’s data assets
- Produce and communicate logical and conceptual health models of key business processes and data flows using use case, process diagrams or other appropriate visualisation tools
- Assess data availability, suitability and quality
- Help identify possible transformation initiatives. Assist with re-packaging such initiatives for use with other clients
- Producing logical and outline physical designs for target data warehouses
- Specify transformation, linking and data re-coding rules
- Provide data structures that can be synchronised with data integrity maintained
- Identifying key project risks and work with the project manager to mitigate these
- Communicating solution requirements to other technical consultants and system builders
- Assist with creating a business data glossary and other key user documentation
- Formulate plans for, and help manage, system testing and user acceptance testing
To be considered for the position you will need experience with the majority of the below;
- Process and data modelling
- Ability to communicate effectively across organisational, technical and political boundaries
- Specifying and designing inter-departmental or cross organisation data warehouses
- T-SQL and SSIS development
- Ability to reverse engineer a data model from a live system
- Fluent in tools and techniques for modelling and communicating processes and data flows
- Experience of applying data to business transformation projects, measuring processes and progress towards outcomes
- Creation of outline physical designs for data warehouses – targeting a relational DBMS – ideally SQL Server
- Dimensional analysis and modelling
My client is willing to consider those at a mid-weight or senior level.
If interested please apply for an immediate response!
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector IT & Internet
'A' level/Higher or equivalent