We are offering a unique opportunity for a Locum Radiology Consultant with a specialist interest in Breast imaging to join an NHS Provider in the East Lancashire area.
This will be a 1 year initial Contract, with the option to convert to Permanent/Substantive for the successful candidate.
- £82,096 - £110,683 per annum rate + NHS pension contribution (salary dependent on experience)
- Excellent opportunities for professional development
- The current team consists of 2 Consultant Radiologists, 2 Consultant Radiographers and a full complement of advanced practitioners
- The service is fully equipped with state of the art equipment
- The unit provides symptomatic services for 4 Oncoplastic Breast Surgeons with 4 double and 2 single dedicated one stop clinics per week.
- Ample opportunities and facilities available for research
- Share secretarial support will be available for this post
- Shared office accommodation will be provided
- A job plan will be agreed upon between the candidate and the Clinical Director
Radiology Consultant Requirements:
- The post holder is expected to provide sessions of breast imaging to the unit which will comprise of 2-3 symptomatic one stop clinics.
- Digital full field mammographic interpretation with breast tomosynthesis, diagnostic breast ultrasound with percutaneous FNA and core biopsy skills are mandatory
- Possess full and specialist registration (and a licence to practise) with the General Medical Council (GMC) (or eligible for registration within six months of interview)
- UK trained professionals must ALSO be a holder of a Certificate of Completion of Training (CCT), or be within six months of award of CCT by the date of interview.
- Non-UK trained professionals will be required to show evidence of equivalence to the UK CCT
- The post holder will be expected to keep up to date with developments within medical education and their own specialty by attending appropriate conferences and study courses
- All Consultants are required to attend the monthly departmental and Directorate Meetings and share in administrative duties allocated by mutual agreement within the Directorate.
- Full compliance documents
About this NHS Trust:
- NHS provider is a large, integrated healthcare organisation.
- With over 7,800 staff and 970 in-patient beds, this a large provider of Acute District General and Specialised Hospital services, as well as Community Services and Children’s Mental Health Services.
- State of the art equipment and facilities used in the hospitals
- Two main hospital sites have been rated “GOOD” in 2016 by the Care Quality Commission.
- Board is professional, ambitious and capable.
- Their vision is ‘To be widely recognised for delivering safe, personal and effective care’.
- Quality and safety are at the heart of everything they do and they are committed to providing harm free care.
- Fabulous, highly trained staff are key to our growing reputation as a great place to receive treatment, as well as a great place to work
- This provider also has close links with a number of Tertiary Centres in Manchester and Liverpool for both adult and children’s services
If this vacancy is of interest, please send your CV through to Jack at [email protected] or feel free to give us a call on 0203 006 5866.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Health, Nursing