My client is an award-winning digital agency based in Cheltenham. They are looking for an experienced Full Stack PHP WordPress Developer to work on the development of complex comparison and B2B sites built within the WordPress ‘framework’ and ecosystem. This can be a remote or office based roll (in Cheltenham), but being close enough to come for occasional meetings would be useful. If you are someone that is happy working on templates and churning out standardised off the shelf development this role is not for you. If however you are looking to develop complex sites and work with one of the genuinely best agencies in the South West – this could be for you! As a Full Stack PHP WordPress Developer........
You need to have the following skills and experience:
- Strong PHP/MYSQL skills
- WooCommerce experience
- You will have developed complex backend systems
- You will have experience of the usual PHP frameworks but will be happy to work with the WordPress ‘framework’ and ecosystem.
- Experience of working with and creating APIs
- Comfortable in Git and Node Build processes
- Experience of using Composer
Nice to have skills:
- Experience with oAuth, SAML, SSO
- Server admin skills
This role will be within a talented and experienced WordPress development team producing high-end custom WordPress sites. You will have the opportunity to work on complex comparison and B2B sites and practice advanced WordPress development methodologies.
As well as working on advanced WordPress sites you will also help with the on-going development of our startup theme – constantly striving to keep it up to date and improve development efficiencies.
Although you may also have strong front-end skills which will certainly be useful, you are totally happy to work as a full stack developer.
Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and great listening skills.
You’re a team player who is happy to share knowledge with your team and is open to others ideas and opinions.
You build clean and qualitative high-end code.
WHAT MY CLIENT OFFER
- Unique job role in an innovative friendly company with a flat management structure.
- We are a forward-thinking innovative agency who are passionate about the internet. We allow you to develop your skills and enhance your knowledge.
- You will be given an interesting range of projects and work within a diverse team who all like to collaborate and share their knowledge.
- Free choice of OS
- A positive working environment in centre of Cheltenham with a lot of comfortable working space and staff break out areas
- Flexible working hours
- Option to work from home for some or all of the time
- My client will offset all of their employees carbon footprint
- Salary depending on experience but we like to reward our staff generously.
WORKING HOURS AND BENEFITS
- 40 Hours a week (we are very flexible about working hours)
- Generous salary (we pay above market average)
- Annual bonus scheme
- Work from home or office in Cheltenham
- Pension scheme
- Gym Membership at Cheltenham Ladies College
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector IT & Internet