2nd Line Service Engineer - Greater Manchester
Agile Recruit is currently looking for a 2nd Line Service Engineer. In this role you will be a member of IT Service Management function and part of a diverse team. The Service Management function is responsible for service support with customer service level agreements and supporting colleagues with their IT service.
As a 2nd Line Service Engineer, you will provide operational day-to-day support for the build and run operations for end user services, including local deskside support, collaboration with internal customers and third-party vendors.
- Experience in relevant 2nd Line Service and/or end user services technologies
- Excellent communication skills and strong time management
- Experience of working in a complex organisation
- PC Image definition and build
- Application packaging and deployment
- ITIL Foundations Certification
- Job logging and recording all calls and related activity within the IT Service Management tool, ServiceNow.
- Follow, Create, and maintain operational and procedural documentation and escalation processes.
- Manage the technical resolution of assigned problems, incidents, issues, and emergencies.
- Provide installation, configuration, delivery, maintenance and monitoring of hardware, components, and services.
- Delivery of defined 2nd Line Service and/or end user services technologies to support the business agreed service levels and in collaboration with vendors where applicable.
- Strive to excel by meeting or exceeding the Service Level Objectives.
- Liaise with internal stakeholders and vendors.
- Deliver infrastructure development / build activities, including release and deployment management for new services.
- Work as a member of the wider team while collaborating with business users to develop and deploy system features.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Minimum 2 years working within a similar role within a medium to large organisation and or an IT qualification within the IT support environment.
- Experience in maintaining and remediating services and seeking opportunities to improve the operations.
- Technical experience across:
- Windows 10, Microsoft 365, Microsoft SCCM/Intune, Active Directory and solid hardware knowledge across laptops, PCs, mobile devices, and other equipment.
- Experienced of working with global teams and culturally diverse locations.
- Ability to overcome challenges to ensure positive outcomes
- Highly driven and enthusiastic
- Ability to discuss technical content in an everyday relatable way and be detail orientated when managing IT incidents and requests capturing clear and concise details.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector IT & Internet