Technical Lead – Front End
£65,00 - £70,000
We are working with a leading agency and they have asked us to invite applications for the position of Technical Lead – Front End.
They are looking for a highly motivated Front-End Technical Lead to combine the art of design with the art of programming. The role is a mixture of hands-on development, oversight, and planning/leadership of multiple projects and you are expected to always lead by example. Working closely with our Experience Design team, the role has ultimate responsibility for ensuring the translation of our UI/UX designs and wireframes into front-end code that delivers the visual elements of our web platforms and applications.
- Day-to-day management of technical team members on projects you are responsible for, ensuring they understand their tasks and deliver them to the highest standards
- Hands on development, code reviews, and coaching to ensure that as a team we deliver the highest quality code
- Working closely with the Delivery/PM team to create accurate project plans and proposals, manage project risks, and ensure we deliver on time throughout our projects
- Creation of technical specifications, coding standards, and another project documentation as required
- Point of escalation and resolution for project delivery issues
- Collaborate on key technical decisions for each project with the wider team (PM, QA, Back-End, DevOps, Solution Architecture, Business Analysts)
- Working with Operations and Project Management to allocate team members to suitable tasks and projects
- Selecting the best tools, frameworks, and libraries that allow our team to develop their work for our clients efficiently
- Take ownership of Frontend task breakdown and estimates for project and ensure they are rigorous and accurate.
Technical Skills and Experience
The profile of the ideal person for this role is:
- A senior level software developer with strong and successful technical lead experience.
- Advanced level (knowledge and experience) of programming languages and methodologies.
- Highly knowledgeable and versed in various front-end libraries and a passion for creating more in HTML.
- A good understanding of modern CMS platforms and how to create modular components that work within them
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- A working knowledge of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms; SCSS is a must.
- Good understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that applications will adhere to them.
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX.
- Basic knowledge of image authoring tools, to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image. Familiarity with tools such as Sketch or Photoshop is a plus
Technologies we’re using right now
- js, React, Polymer.
- Gulp, Webpack, Node.
- JSON based API’s, OAuth.
- Stash, Git, Jenkins, Jira, Confluence.
- Docker, Kubernetes, Vagrant.
- Storyblok, Drupal, Jahia, Shopify.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector IT & Internet