Revenues Officer based in Newport with a rate of £18.46 per hr
This is a full time temporary role, working form home.
This role will involve:
- To provide a full administrative service within all sections of Revenues and Benefits to ensure the effective processing of information in respect of Non-Domestic Rates / Council Tax.
- Operate a systematic billing and recovery procedure within Revenues ensuring efficiency and accountability, adhering to relevant legislative provisions, policy and financial regulations.
- Dealing with customer enquiries and correspondence relating to Non-Domestic Rates including grant payments / Council Tax dealing with customer enquiries via the telephone both inbound and outbound, in writing and by email.
- Ensuring all information collected is accurately recorded and is processed within set timescales and in accordance with relevant procedures and working practices.
- Making decisions in line with Non-Domestic Rates / Council Tax legislation regarding liability and any discounts or reductions are awarded correctly and ensure records are updated and maintained accurately.
- To maintain an in-depth working knowledge of relevant legislative provisions in relation to Non-Domestic Rates / Council Tax applying this knowledge to all procedures and processes when making decisions.
- Identifying and undertaking active recovery of Non-Domestic Rates including grant payments / Council Tax arrears by telephone, writing and email to be fully aware of performance standards and to maintain up to date knowledge of all relevant regulations and policies applicable to the post.
- Ability to make decisions regarding complex billing, recovery and benefit queries ensuring actions are completed in line with legislation and policy.
Ideally candidates will have:
- Proficient in using Northgate and Civica systems.
- Evidence of practical experience in an appropriate environment and ability to advise others on relevant issues.
- Safe and competent use of relevant equipment / tools.
- Confident using Excel spreadsheets
Due to high volumes of CVs received we are not able to respond to all unsuccessful applications. You will always however hear from us by phone if we are able to take your CV forward to the next stage.
If you are interested in the role please apply on our website with your CV, alternatively you can email your CV to [email protected] quoting the reference number.
Essential Employment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. Essential Employment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
All our roles may be subject to pre-employment checks including references so please be prepared.
You can also follow us at Twitter/Facebook/LinkedIn or via our website www.essentialemploy.co.uk
Temporary, Full Time
- Industry Sector Public Sector & Services