Lead Commercial Analyst
£40,000 – 50,000 + Flexible Working Policy (3 Office, 2 From Home)
We are working exclusively in partnership with one of the UK’s leading process engineering companies. The business focuses on the delivery of turnkey engineering projects for the Drinks, Food and Pharmaceutical industries delivering bespoke projects from concept design through equipment procurement and ultimately to installation and commissioning of project at customer site.
The projects the company deliver range from £2 - £50 million in value and the business employs nearly 300 people across their UK operations which is grown incredibly from 150 staff five years ago.
The company have been on a huge growth journey in the past five years from a turnover of £25 million to £80 million and expect to grow further to become a £100 million business in 2023. The company has the backing of a large global organisation and a trading history dating back over 200 years.
As part of their growth they are now looking to recruit a Lead Commercial Analyst. Your key role will be to analyse reports on projects running through the business to provide the senior leadership with the data required to follow up and discuss action points required to impact financial performance on projects.
The business run projects that can range from £2 million to £20 million in value which can last up to two years. As the company delivers turnkey projects, financial control and performance on projects is paramount to the businesses success. Project Managers produce detailed monthly reports on projects (their can be up to 50 live projects running through the business at any one time.
Your role as Lead Commercial Analyst will then be to:
- Take the data from Project Managers monthly reports and bring it together into one central report to show cost to complete on projects, hours to complete, spend data on project from SAP and whether this is trending in the right direction.
- The Project Reports are in the form of Excel Spread sheets and the role will see you spending a significant amount of time in these reports analysing the data. This will require you to use some advanced excel skills such as carrying out data queries and power pivots.
- Producing reports on productive hours on projects and profitability on projects
- Identifying projects with major risks in terms of financial performance from reports and to discuss proposed solutions for follow up by the senior leadership team.
- Escalating key challenging projects to the senior leadership team through the reporting
- Whilst carrying out your analysis you will be liaising with a number of key stakeholders in the business including Project Managers, Head of Procurement, Operations Directors and senior leaders in manufacturing.
- Identifying and analysing how sensitive the project is to the business to establish which projects are the most important to escalate for review.
- To ensure materials planning data and targets and distributed and tracked for projects.
To be successful in your application for this Lead Commercial Analyst you will need:
- To be analytically minded and enjoy data analysis.
- To be able to use excel at an advanced level to interpret data.
- To be a solutions orientated person.
- To be commercially minded to understand the implication of cost control on the companies projects.
- To be a strong relationship builder.
- Any exposure to a SAP type system would be beneficial but is not essential.
The successful Lead Commercial Analyst will receive the following benefits:
- £40,000 - 50,000 basic salary
- A company contributory pension scheme.
- A flexible working policy three in the office, two days from home.
- Flexible working hours around core business hours.
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays.
If you’re interested please apply online for speedy consideration.
ATA Recruitment specialises in Manufacturing, Infrastructure, Civil, Transportation and general Engineering recruitment on both a permanent and contract basis – for more opportunities like this one, visit our website.
By applying you accept the terms of our Privacy Notice which can be found on our website.
ATA is committed to creating a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation
Permanent, Full Time
Additional Salary Info
Agile Working 2 Days From Home, Flexible Holiday Policy, Contributory Pension
- Industry Sector IT & Internet