HR Consultant (Hybrid) needed in Trowbridge £22.34ph PAYE - Reference: RQ1173634
This role is based in Trowbridge, on a hybrid arrangement of 2 days a week in the office.
- The HR&OD Strategy and Insight team are responsible for the development and implementation of human resources strategies and processes to support the delivery of the workforce strategy with a focus on the provision of effective workforce insight, policies & procedures in line with the business plan and corporate priorities.
- The team supports the achievement of the corporate vision to be a high performing council, providing value-for-money, customer-focused services.
- This role is critical in shaping HR policy development for both schools and non-schools, interpreting and applying employment law and providing a high degree of specialist advice across the organisation.
- This role will lead and participate in a range of programmes, projects and groups to develop and embed new and effective ways of working, through employment policies and practices.
- A core element of this role is effective engagement, liaison and partnering with key stakeholders.
You will ideally -
- You will need to have an extensive working knowledge of HR policy and employment law, being able to interpret complex information to advise others of impacts, providing and leading on recommendations around policy development.
- A good team player, with excellent stakeholder and relationship management skills (trade unions, elected members, senior managers) you will need to provide expertise on the council’s approach to organisation design, providing guidance to managers and leading on the implementation.
- A full CIPD level 7 qualification is needed for this role with significant relevant experience. For internal candidates, we would explore a career step development programme.
This is a full time role on a temporary contract basis.
If you are interested in the role please apply on our website with your CV, alternatively you can email your CV to [email protected] quoting the reference number.
Essential Employment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. Essential Employment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
All our roles may be subject to pre-employment checks including references so please be prepared.
Due to high volumes of CVs received we are not able to respond to all unsuccessful applications. You will always however hear from us by phone if we are able to take your CV forward to the next stage.
You can also follow us at Twitter/Facebook/LinkedIn or via our website www.essentialemploy.co.uk.
Temporary, Full Time
- Industry Sector Human Resources